COOPI is looking for a Program Administration Assistant in Sudan
COOPI has been present in Sudan since 2004. The recent history of Sudan is marked by strong disorders and violence, expressions of a civil war that on several occasions has shaken the country since its independence. COOPI’s interventions focused in the Darfur region that for a long time has been the scene of armed clashes and particularly hit by periods of severe drought. To allow the management of these activities and to ensure access to basic services for the population, different interventions were carried out, in the field of water-hygiene and food security both on humanitarian and development perspective.
The Program Administration Assistant will report to the Country administrator and the Head of Programmes. He/she will be the person to whom all project staff will refer to for logistic, administrative and management issues.
Objective of this vacancy
1) Support the administrative country coordination for the good accounting management of the project, in accordance with internal procedures and external donors procedures and monitoring project system.
2) Supervision, training and control of the administrative and financial management of the national administrators of the projects.
3) Support the coordination in budget management of the expenditures distribution of the program.
All the tasks related to the program administration such as:
- Update COOPI Admin Tools (PREPPY, Coordination DESY & Project DESYs);
- Share the updated PREEPY for Project Managers;
- To train and follow up the admin local staff of El Fashir and Kassala, guiding them through an on job training/follow-up, until they are capable of managing COOPI financial software (DESY) by themselves;
- Ensure that an updated weekly cash book of El Fashir and Kassala is shared on timely base with Country Administrator;
- Consult Project Managers based in El Fashir and Kassala in any of financial related issues;
- Any other urgent task.
- University degree in Economics, Social Sciences or Business;
- A minimum of one year of relevant working experience;
- Experience in international relief and development in African countries in a similar position;
- Fluency in English language;
- Computer literacy, with high proficiency in the use of standard office software applications (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication, negotiation skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills;
- Proven capacity to work in a team;
- Demonstrated ability to work in stressful environments and under pressure.
- Previous work experience in Sudan;
- Previous experience in managing staff;
- Experience in working in conflict-prone environments.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. For more than 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.